What is this policy?
Who are we?We are Advicefront Ltd. Our contact and other details are set out at the end of this policy. We are the controller in relation to the personal data processed in accordance with this policy (except where this policy explains otherwise).
Whose personal data do we process?We may process personal data relating to you if:
- You are a customer or a supplier of ours.
- You use our products or services.
- You work for a customer or a supplier of ours, or for someone who uses our products or services.
- You are someone (or you work for someone) to whom we want to advertise or market our goods or services.
What personal data do we process?We may process personal data relating to you that we have either obtained from you, or obtained from somewhere else including the person you work for. The personal data relating to you that we process may include the information set out below.
Details of processingThe personal data we may process, the purpose of such processing and the lawful basis of such processing is set out in this processing summary.
Your personal detailsWe may process your personal details, including:
- Your name.
- Who you work for, and your job function or department.
- Your address, phone number, email address or other contact details (these details may relate to your work or to you personally, depending on the nature of our relationship with you or the person that you work for).
Information we obtain about you from communications with usWe may process information that we obtain from communicating with you, including:
- Information about you that you give us by communicating with us by phone, by e-mail, via our website, via social media or otherwise.
- Information you give us or that we obtain when you use our website, obtain or subscribe to our services, supply us with goods or services, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or contact us to report a problem, or do any of these things on behalf of the person that you work for.
Information relating to our dealings with you or the person you work forWe may process information relating to our dealings with you or the person that you work for, including:
- Information relating to transactions with us involving you or the person that you work for (for example, details of goods or services that we have supplied to, or obtained from, you or the person you work for).
- If you have been authorised to use our services by your employer, we may process your personal data provided to us by your employer under a contract with us to enable you to access our services.
- Other information relating to you which it is necessary for us to process in order to enter into or perform a contract with you or the person that you work for (for example, right to work information and information obtained from credit references agencies where this is necessary to enable us to carry out appropriate checks in relation to contracts with you or someone else that you work for or are otherwise related to).
- Information about events to which you or those related to you are invited, and your personal information and preferences to the extent that this information is relevant to organising and managing those events (for example, your dietary requirements).
- Information relating to you that you give us or we otherwise obtain when you visit us (for example, if you sign in or are recorded on CCTV while visiting us, or you give us the registration details of your vehicle).
What personal data do we process when you use our website?Information that we obtain from you when you use our website includes:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
Who do we disclose your personal data to?We may share your personal data with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
Appropriate third parties including:
- Intercom R&D Unlimited Company and Intercom Inc, our provider of an online chat facility;
- The Rocket Science Group LLC (trading as MailChimp), our marketing and communications partner;
- our business partners, customers, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into or other dealings we have in the normal course of business with you or the person that you work for, including third parties who provide us with Web hosting, Support Services, Helpdesk, Marketing, Emailing, Other;
- our auditors, legal advisors and other professional advisors or service providers;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is in the context of us entering into a contract with you or the person that you work for.
In relation to information obtained via our website:
- our advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and subject to the cookie section of this policy.
Other disclosures we may makeWe may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Advicefront, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where do we process personal data?The data that we process in relation to you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") that may not be subject to equivalent data protection law. It may also be processed by staff situated outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things the processing of payment details and the provision of support services. We may transfer your data to Intercom Inc and Mailchimp in the United States of America. We invite you to contact us if you would like any further information about this.
All personal data processed by Advicefront is stored securely. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using appropriate technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website or systems, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long do we process personal data for?We process personal data only for so long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, after which it will be deleted or archived except to the extent that it is necessary for us to continue to process it for the purpose of compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject or for another legitimate and lawful purpose.
What are your rights?You have the following rights in relation to personal data relating to you that we process:
- You may request access to the personal data concerned (please see the section on your right of access to your personal data, below).
- You may request that incorrect personal data that we are processing be rectified.
- In certain circumstances (normally where the personal data has been provided by you and it is no longer necessary for us to continue to process it), you may be entitled to request that we erase the personal data concerned.
- Where we are processing personal data relating to you on the basis of your prior consent to that processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time, after which we shall stop the processing concerned.
- If you have a complaint about any processing of your personal data being conducted by us, you can contact us or lodge a formal compliant with the Information Commissioner.
How to withdraw your consent to processing
How to exercise your right of access to your personal dataYou can exercise your right of access to your personal data:
Our details - contacting usOur full details are:Advicefront Ltd
9/10 The Crescent
+44(0) 744 191 7077
Date of this policyThis policy was last updated on 29 May 2018
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|Delivery of the Services||
||Performance of a contract with you; without processing this data we will be unable to authorise you to use our services|
|To register you as a new customer||
||Performance of a contract with you; without processing this data we will be unable to authorise you to use our services|
Communicating with you about the Services, including:
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep you informed about changes to the Services and to request feedback on Services delivered), in circumstances in which those legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data|
|To enable you to enter a prize draw or competition||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business), in circumstances in which those legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data|
|To administer and protect our business and the Services (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise), in circumstances in which those legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|To deliver relevant website content to you, and to meet our legal obligations to protect data and systems||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy), in circumstances in which those legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data and, where required by law, with your consent (see how to withdraw your consent at any time)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy), in circumstances in which those legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you and to enable you to complete market research surveys where you choose to do so.||
||Consent from you (see how to withdraw your consent at any time).|
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Services and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Services when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate interests of improving the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Services. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalise our content, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting/Advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information subject to your choices and preferences to make our Services and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We may also work with advertising networks that gather information about the content on our Services you visit and on information on other websites and services you visit. This may result in you seeing our advertisements when you visit other websites and services of third parties. For more information about how to turn this feature off see below or visit http://www.youronlinechoices.co.uk.